Waxing for men
The concept of "waxing" is most often associated with the desire of girls to get rid of excess hair. In fact, it's a great alternative to shaving for men too. Our topic today is male facial waxing.
Shaving your chin, plucking the hairs between your eyebrows with tweezers, and taking care of all those little hairs sticking out of your nose should not be a daily occurrence for you. Just think, you could wash your face without feeling stubble the very next morning after shaving. And it's all thanks to waxing!
Today I invite you to consider all the pros and cons of facial waxing for men, regardless of whether the procedure will be carried out in the salon, or the hair will be removed at home.
Benefits of male waxing
1. Facial hair is getting smaller and thinner
Unlike shaving, after which the hair grows at an increased rate, waxing slows down further hair growth, because it removes the hair from the root. Also, because the rate of hair follicle growth will be different - you will notice that there is less facial hair compared to shaving.
2. It's a great way to exfoliate your skin.
During a waxing procedure, the wax adheres to the top layer of your skin, where most of the dead skin cells collect. As soon as you remove the hardened wax, you will notice that not only have you parted with annoying hairs, but also become the owner of cleaner and fresher skin.
Wax for facial depilation should also be selected based on the type of your skin.
A little tip: before you start the depilation procedure (the same goes for shaving), make sure that your face is thoroughly cleansed. You don't want the bacteria or environmental dirt that gets on your face during the day to get into your enlarged pores. After you've finished waxing, apply ice to your face to immediately close pores and reduce redness.
Shaving can be a real challenge, especially when you shave the bottom of your chin. Waxing gives you more control over the situation. :) You just apply wax and remove all the hairs that are in this area.
4. Longer lasting result
The biggest benefit of waxing is the long lasting smoothness effect. After the procedure, it will take from 1 to 4 weeks before you see the growth of new hairs. In this regard, waxing significantly outperforms shaving.
5. Cheaper and greener
Since hair grows back more slowly, you don't have to buy razor blades and shaving cream as often! Yes, waxing is more expensive than a disposable machine, but in the long run you will save a lot of money.
Disadvantages of male facial waxing
- Painful sensations. Even if you are a very harsh man with a high pain threshold, the waxing procedure will still cause you conflicting feelings. :) Because the skin on the face is sensitive, and nothing can be done about it.
- The appearance of a small amount of blood. Since male hair is coarser than female hair, it is not so easy to uproot it. This can lead to small wounds and little bleeding. But trust me, it's not as scary as it seems.
- An improperly performed waxing procedure can cause skin irritation, discoloration, burns, infections, and even allergic reactions. That is why, it is better not to engage in home experiments, but to trust an experienced professional.
- The likelihood of ingrown hairs.
- If you are the owner of very sensitive skin, then most likely you will need to stay at home for some time after waxing your face, because you will look a bit like Signor Tomato. :)
- But the redness will eventually go away, and you will be left alone with smooth skin. Be careful, the skin at this time is vulnerable to infections, so it is better not to touch your face with your hands, especially dirty ones.
Tips for removing facial hair with wax
Avoid waxing your face immediately after a shower, as the skin will still be warm, making it difficult for the wax to harden properly. Try pulling the wax in different directions if some areas of the hair seem stubborn. If some hairs still remain, remove it with tweezers.
When is the best time to avoid waxing your face?
- Avoid facial waxing if you have diabetes, varicose veins, or poor circulation.
- If you have used special medications or creams that thin the skin (for example, in the treatment of acne).
- You should also refrain from wanting to wax your face if there are wounds or irritations on the skin, as well as warts, voluminous age spots or burns.
How to remove facial hair is up to you. I, in turn, can only offer you my qualified assistance in this matter! :)