Manicurist Starter Kit
How to get started as a nail technician? What tools should be purchased first? Today you will learn about this, because our topic is a starter kit for a beginner manicure master.
The very first and most important thing in the work of a nail master is, of course, disinfection. Therefore, before starting work, you should stock up on such materials as:
- Hand Cleansing Spray
- Disinfectant spray for the treatment of all surfaces touched by us or our customers.
- Protective gloves
- Masks. They can be sold as a set, or individually for reusable use.
- Means for disinfection of tools. Not all novice craftsmen have the opportunity to immediately purchase dry heat, however, the tools must be disinfected without fail after each client. And how to disinfect manicure tools at home, I told in one of the previous articles.
Next come auxiliary fluids:
- Klinser, it is a degreaser. To remove a sticky dispersion layer after gel polish, gel, or other material with which you will work. And also in order to remove excess moisture from the nail plate before applying the coating.
- Nail polish remover
- Hemostatic agent, such as Capramine. This is a very important tool, especially for beginners, because if there are any cuts or cuts, you always have the opportunity to stop the bleeding.
- Remover. This is a cuticle softener that can be useful for trimmed or combined manicures.
- Clothespins for nails. This will help you simplify the process of dissolving gel polish without using foil. If you are a novice master and do not yet own the device, then these clips will help you.
- Lint-free wipes. They are used for degreasing the nail plate and for removing the dispersion layer.
What manicure tools do beginners need?
- Pusher, he's a shovel. A tool to move the cuticle and clean the pterygium.
- Nail scissors.
- Cuticles (nippers).
It all depends on what tool the master himself is used to working with. Someone is used to working with wire cutters, while someone is more comfortable using nail scissors. Often, many masters use both in their work.
So far, we are talking about one set, since we are talking about a novice master who has few clients. However, in the case of a working master, one set will not be enough, as it will take time to process the tools. That is, if you are a beginner master, and you have only one set of tools, you must leave a gap between clients so that there is enough time for sterilization. And this is at least 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Dust brush
- Disposable files and buffs. Most often, a novice master has a very small starting capital, so you can buy quite a bit, and then buy more quality tools in the process of development. Sets of disposable nail files and buffs will help out a novice master, moreover, it is convenient that they do not need to be disinfected, but can simply be thrown away after use.
- Brush. For a novice master, one thin brush will be enough to bring gel polish under the cuticle, to draw a jacket, for some elementary thin lines
- Means for strengthening nails. If the client has cracks, chips, a broken nail, then you can purchase silk ribbon and acrylic powder (and use it depending on what you know best, and of course, on the client's preferences).
- Base and top. For a novice master, I advise you to pay attention to the rubber base, so that you can do the alignment and apply in a thin layer. The top should be taken of medium density.
- Gel polishes for nails. Of course, to start with, you should purchase the most popular colors: black, white, classic red, pink-peach, pink-purple (it is especially popular with those who have a dress code at work), as well as seasonal shades, depending on What time of year do you decide to start work. In summer, these are brighter, more saturated colors, but in the cold season, darker, deeper shades are popular.
- Cuticle oil.
- Tips. So that you can apply a palette of all the gel polishes that you have, and you do not have to open the bottle to show the available colors.
- Drying lamp. This is perhaps the most important detail, without which a manicure with gel polish will not work. What is the difference between UV and LED lamps, I already told you a little earlier, I advise you to read it! :)
- Extractor and apparatus for manicure. This equipment is necessary for those craftsmen who know how to work with the apparatus, and of course, it is very difficult to do this without an exhaust hood, since all the dust flies into your respiratory tract, all surfaces will also be sawdust, as well as your face and your clothes. Therefore, the milling cutter and the hood are two interconnected things.
- Drying cabinet. Depending on your financial situation, you can also purchase an indispensable thing for the work of any master who is responsible for the high-quality sterilization of manicure instruments.
Being a manicure master is a rather responsible job, which must be approached “fully armed”. I hope my article today will help you with this. Be healthy and beautiful! :)