Curved nail plate
Nails, like other parts of the body, reflect the state of our health. Therefore, in today's article I will tell you about various nail defects that can be heralds of diseases. Forewarned is forearmed! :)
The eyes are the mirror of the soul, but the nails can be called indicators of health. Healthy nails are a smooth, convex surface. But what to do if you found that your manicure is not so “smooth”? A crooked nail plate can not only visually spoil your manicure, but also indicate big health problems. That is why I always advise my clients to be careful not only in choosing the color of the coating, but also in the nails itself! :) So, let's see what nail anomalies affect the curvature of the nail plate.
Nail defects and its causes
- Too thick nails
Of course, we all want strong nails, but if it began to resemble claws or claws, this is not good!
- Thickened nails can be a sign of lung disease.
- Also, thick and rough-textured nails may indicate a fungal infection.
- Thick and separating nails from the nail bed can be signs of thyroid disease or psoriasis.
- Unusual thickness can also be a symptom of a circulation problem.
- Also watch out for allergic reactions to new medications, as this can also cause thickening of the nails!
2. Concave nails Among the people it's also called spoon nails. Such nails signal a number of internal problems. This defect got its intricate name due to the fact that the nails become soft and curve upwards, forming a recess into which it is quite possible to draw water.
Spoon nails signal:
- Iron deficiency (usually from anemia)
- Hemachromatosis, a liver disorder in which your body absorbs too much iron
- Heart diseases
Spoons belong on the kitchen table, not on your beautiful nails, so you should immediately begin the proper treatment. 3. Porous nails Small indentations or holes in the nails can be the result of a common household injury. But it can also be a sign that you need to listen to your health.
Nail porousness can signal:
- Connective tissue disease
- Alopecia areata
- Zinc deficiency
Dents caused by trauma to the nail will disappear on its own after a while. But if the cause was the disease, then you should not let the situation take its course.
4. Ribbed nails Healthy natural nails have a smooth surface with almost imperceptible lines. Explicit ridge lines are a signal that something is wrong with your body.
The reasons may be:
- Iron deficiency
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Lupus (inflammation at the base of the nails)
5. Nails-tubers or "drumsticks" If the skin "swells" around the nail, or if it looks like your nails are trying to grow around the finger, then such a defect is called "nails-tubers". It earned its name due to its visual similarity with flower tubers. Sometimes you can also find comparisons of such nails with drumsticks or a mace.
Tuber nails may refer to:
- Lung disease, especially if you already have difficulty breathing
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Liver disease
Your nails won't be the only signs of these conditions, but it can provide confirmation or additional motivation to seek medical attention.
6. Beau-Reil furrows (Bo lines) Transverse lines on the nails. This defect occurs when growth in the nail root (matrix) is interrupted by a severe acute illness such as heart attack, measles, pneumonia, or fever. These lines appear from under the nail folds weeks later, and allow you to assess when the patient was sick.
So, the diseases that cause Bo lines are:
- Diseases that cause high fever
- Scarlet fever
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Zinc deficiency
7. Onychodystrophy is a pathological condition of the nails, which is a deformation of the nails. Onychodystrophy, in fact, combines various nail abnormalities, which can be caused by infection or even non-infectious causes of nail defects.
Onychodystrophy is a genetic condition that causes problems in the bones of the fingers, which in turn leads to deformity of the nails. This is a general concept that combines negative phenomena that affect the nails, such as: deformation of the nail, change in its size, excessive fragility, and any bacterial infections.
Oh girls, despite the fact that I have loaded you a little with terms and concepts, I want you to understand the most important thing - your nails and health problems go step by step. Don't ignore the signals it sends. Pay due attention to your nailsto protect your health. After all, this is the greatest value that we can have!